The Project Safety Base contains information on project safety and is supported by the Association for Project Safety.
The Association for Project Safety (a registered company, limited by guarantee) has been established to provide all those working as planning supervisors under the terms of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 1994 with an advisory and representative body to assist development of this field and activity. The Association is a multi-disciplinary body for all who work as planning supervisors in the UK, enabling the construction industry to respond to the demand for planning supervisors who are both trained and monitored. The Association provides a Forum in which the necessary knowledge base can be developed and disseminated, provides guidance and training for planning supervisors and for others affected by the Regulations, and provides a central source of information for clients seeking planning supervisors.
To broaden and develop membership and secure involvement in the development of the Association by other interested bodies so that it is recognised as the representative body for all who work in the UK as planning supervisors in terms of the CDM Regulations 1994:
- To formulate requirements for training, experience and Continuing Professional Development for members of the Association.
- To serve as a focus for development of best practice information for all concerned with this work.
- To develop procedures and standards for accreditation of courses which meet membership requirements.
- To act for members in discussions with the Health and Safety Executive and Government on all matters pertaining to the duties and responsibilities of planning supervisors.
- To promote the services and skill of members to clients and public, and to contribute to improving the Health and Safety record of the Construction industry.